Another day, another excuse to use the kitchen torch. I know I will one day go down in a blaze of glory.
What can I say? These gooey, toasty, chocolate campfire brownies are just worth the risk. This the second chocolatey post of the day, and that makes me a happy camper (pun intended). I hope this makes up for my lack of baking and blogging the next two days while I’m off saving the man pictured above in the ER!
- 4 tbsp of butter
- ¼ cup of vegetable oil
- ¾ cup of cocoa powder
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 ¼ cup of flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of salt
- 2 cups of mini marshmallows + more to top
- Melt butter with oil in a small saucepan. Once melted, stir in cocoa and remove from heat.
- Pour mixture into a large bowl and add sugar and vanilla. Add eggs one at a time.
- In separate bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients
- Stir in mini marshmallows.
- Line 9×13 pan with parchment paper and pour in brownie batter. Bake at 350º for 25-30 minutes, until brownies pass the toothpick test.
- Let cool completely and top with mini marshmallows. Use a kitchen torch to give them a true campfire feel.
Forget the tents and bear spray. Let that Netflix fireplace roar and cozy up with a plate of campfire brownies.
Thanks for letting me be a tart of your world.