Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
I feel like I should be embarrassed that I have to sing Gwen everytime I spell banana. I ain’t no hollaback girl, so it is what it is. On Friday I babysat my niece. After talking her way into a new baker Barbie (I couldn’t be prouder), she wanted to bake for real. The ingredient choice was a little thin at the Wilson house, but we did have some gnarly brown bananas and a sad handful of chocolate chips. Cue these muffins!
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp of salt
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 4 ripe (or gnarly) bananas
- 2 eggs
- 4 oz of butter
- 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Combine dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, combine bananas, egg, and butter. Mix until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients to banana mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spray muffin tin and fill ¾ of the way with batter. Bake at 350° for 25-35 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Thanks for letting me be a tart of your world.