We all know I love a good mashup, whether it is Burger the bernedoodle or a pumpkin apple pie. The sugardoodle is my latest love. I have always been a chocolate chip cookie kind of girl, or a monster cookie kind of girl, or even a white chocolate macadamia cookie kind of girl… but I was never a snickerdoodle kind of girl. That is, until I met Derick, a man who loves him a good “snickdood.” It is because I love this man and have decided to marry him, that I decided to marry two classic cookies as well… the sugar cookie and the snickerdoodle. I present you with, a sugardoodle! These cookies use a sugar cookie technique, but have a snickerdoodle flavor. The texture is a perfect in-between.
- 2 cups of flour
- ¼ cup of white sugar
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- ½ tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of salt
- 8 oz (2 sticks) of unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp of vanilla extract
- Cinnamon sugar to top
- Place one cup of flour, white sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt in stand mixer and combine.
- Cut butter into flour mixture, and mix on medium-low until no visible pieces of butter remain. You should have a crumbly, pie dough consistency.
- Add in remaining cup of flour and mix to combine. Add egg and vanilla. Mix until dough comes up around paddle.
- Refrigerate for one hour. Once chilled, roll dough to ¼ inch thick. You can get creative here and cut out circles or fun shapes. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Place cookies 2 inches apart on baking sheet and bake at 325º for 8-10 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with more cinnamon sugar while warm.
- Let cool for as long as you can stand and enjoy!
Thanks for letting me be a tart of your world.