Gooey Caramel Brownies
I’m baaaaack. My sincerest apologies for the long lapse in writing and recipes. I was preoccupied with birthdays, the holidays, a honeymoon, and running off to get hitched.
Needless to say, I’ve been a little busy. Now I’m back in the Midwest making a giant mess of my kitchen and saving the occasional life. My first day back to baking called for something equal parts easy and yummy… gooey caramel brownies.
- 4 tbsp of butter
- ¼ cup of vegetable oil
- ¾ cup of cocoa powder
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 ¼ cup of flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of salt
- 11oz bag of caramels
- 2 tbsp of milk
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Melt butter with oil in a small saucepan. Once melted, stir in cocoa and remove from heat.
- Pour mixture into a large bowl and add sugar and vanilla. Add eggs one at a time.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients
- Line 9×13 pan with parchment paper and pour in half of the brownie batter. Bake at 350º for 10 minutes.
- While bottom layer is baking, combine caramels and milk in saucepan over medium heat. Stir continuously until caramels are melted.
- Pour caramel over brownies and top with the remaining brownie batter. Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool completely. For added aesthetics and calories, dust with powdered sugar.
Thanks for letting me be a tart of your world.