Cherry Apple Pie
Sure, this cherry apple pie is delicious. Let’s be real though, the thing that makes it one of my favorites is the fact that there is no blind baking required! Praise be.
You can use any cherries and apples that tickle your fall fancy, but I recommend using sweet cherries and tart apples or tart cherries and sweeter apples. If you go sweet and sweet, adjust the sugar accordingly.
- 1 pie crust
- 2 ½ cups of cherries (fresh or frozen)
- 3 apples
- 1 cup of sugar
- 5 tbsp of cornstarch
- ⅛ tsp of almond extract
- ⅛ tsp of vanilla extract
- If using fresh cherries, pit them. Place cherries in sauce pan over medium heat and cover. Wait a few minutes until cherries have lost a moderate amount of juice.
- Core, slice, and peel apples. Add to cherries and remove from heat.
- Add in sugar and cornstarch and mix well. Add almond and vanilla.
- Return to heat and stir continuously over medium-low heat until thickened. Let cool.
- Pour filling over prepared crust and bake at 375º for 40-50 minutes until crust is golden brown.
- Fancy fall decor is optional.
Thanks for letting me be a tart of your world.